[Job Opportunity] Associate Professor Position at Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
DDepartment of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University is seeking an Associate Professor with a strong background in organic chemistry.
Job title (number of positions)Associate Professor (one)
AffiliationDepartment of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
Research fieldOrganic chemistry, physical organic chemistry
Job descriptionCollaborating with Prof. Shigehiro Yamaguchi and other staffs in Functional Organic Materials Laboratory, he/she will promote the development of functional organic materials from synthesis, structure, and properties points of view. He/she will be also involved in education, research and management at the Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and School of Science.
- Employment status: Full-time with tenure until mandatory retirement age (65 years of age); discretionary work system
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, summer holidays and year-end holidays (December 29 - January 3)
- Leave: Paid annual leave, sick leave, and special leave
- Salary and allowance: Paid in accordance with Nagoya University Pay Rules, etc.
- Social insurance: Mutual Aid Association (health insurance), welfare pension, employment insurance and workers' compensation insurance
EligibilityA researcher holding a Ph. D. degree, who enthusiastically pioneers new research areas Ability to give lectures on organic chemistry
Starting dateLater than May, 2019
Application documents written in English
- Resume (attach photograph)
- List of achievements (including invited lectures and research grants)
- Main article reprints (maximum of 10 papers)
- Research summary (2 pages on A4)
- Future research and education plan (1-2 pages on A4)
- Name and contact address of two referees
Submission of application documentsCombine the above application documents into one PDF file and send as an attachment to the following address. Enter "Chemistry Associate Professor Application (Name)" as the subject/title. After submission, confirm the reply mail of receipt. Address to submit document: email@example.com If electronic submission is difficult, send the documentation via postal mail to the address below. In this case, specify "Chemistry Associate Professor Application Documents" on the envelope and send by simple registered mail.
Deadline for submissionDecember 17, 2018
Selection methodInterview after document review
Submission of applicationsProfessor Hiroshi Abe Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University Furo, Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan Tel: +81-(0)52-789-2490 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application inquiriesProfessor Shigehiro Yamaguchii Functional Organic Materials Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University Furo, Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8602, Japan Tel: +81-(0)52-789-2291 E-mail: email@example.com
Other notesApplicant should be responsible for all travel expenses incurred for the interview. Submitted application materials will not be returned to the applicant. All personal information is handled in strict confidentiality and is not utilized for any other purpose or disclosed to any third party. Nagoya University proactively promotes gender equality.