Job Opportunity for Female Associate Professor/Tenure-Track Assistant Professor at Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
Position summary: Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University is seeking a female professor (an associate professor or a tenure-track assistant professor) at Department of Chemistry.
- Number of the position: 1 associate professor or 1 tenure-track assistant professor
- Affiliation: Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
- Salary and benefits: Conforming to Nagoya University Pay Rules under the Annual Salary System.
- Job description: The appointee will collaborate with a PI related to her research field at Department of Chemistry. She will be also involved in education and management at Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and School of Science.
- Qualifications: Female. Holder of a doctorate (Ph.D.) degree before the expected starting date. A good command of English and/or Japanese is required.
- Expected starting date: Later than July 2020.
- Term: (associate professor position) Full-time with tenure until mandatory retirement age (65 years of age)
(tenure-track assistant professor position) The research quality and laboratory teaching performance will be reviewed in the 5th year. The successful applicant will be promoted as a tenure assistant professor; otherwise employed as a project assistant professor with a term of 1 year.
- Application deadline: 29th, Feb., 2020.
- Selection: Applicants who pass primary screening, based upon submitted documents, will be invited for interview with faculty members.
- Application: Compile a pdf file containing the following 6 items, and send it by e-mail to the address below (use Japanese or English). The title of the e-mail is "Application of Female Professor Position".
(1) Curriculum vitae (with a photo)
(2) Publication list (including invited lectures and research grants)
(3) reprints of representative publications (maximum of 10 papers)
(4) Summary of research (A4, 2 pages)
(5) Research plan and applicant's policy on education (A4, 2 pages)
(6) Name, affiliation, and e-mail address of two contact references
Professor Mizuki Tada
Chair of Department of Chemistry
Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
The Tenure-Track system at Nagoya University is:
Nagoya University commits to gender equality: