Job Opportunity for Assistant Professor (non-PI) in catalysis field at Research Center for Materials Science (RCMS), Nagoya University
Position summary: Research Center for Materials Science (RCMS) is seeking an assistant professor "Jokyo" (non-PI [principal investigator] assistant professor) for the Noyori Laboratory.
- Affiliation: Research Center for Materials Science (RCMS)
- Number of positions: 1 "Jokyo" (non-PI [principal investigator] assistant professor)
- Salary and benefits: Conforming to Nagoya University Pay Rules under the Annual Salary System.
- Expected starting date: At the earliest convenience from as of October 1st, 2021
- Term: from the date taken up the position till March 31st, 2026
- Qualifications: Holder of a doctorate (Ph.D.) degree (before taking up the position). A good command of English and/or Japanese is required. Enough experience and knowledge in organic synthesis, molecular photocatalysis and/or semiconductor photocatalysis are required.
- Mission: The applicant will join the Noyori Laboratory at RCMS (PI: Prof. Susumu Saito) and cooperate with other members on research projects running in the laboratory. Specific projects are: 1) Artificial photosynthesis; 2) Semiconductor photocatalysis for organic synthesis; 3) Molecular photocatalysis for CO2 transformation.
- Application deadline: June 30th, 2021.
- Selection: Applicants who pass the primary screening, based upon the submitted documents, will be invited for an interview with faculty members.
- Application: Compile a .pdf file containing the following 6 items (in either Japanese or English), and send the file by e-mail to the address below. The title of the e-mail should be "Application of Assistant Professor (Noyori Lab)".
(1) Curriculum vitae (with a photo)
(2) List of publications, invited lectures, and acquisition of research funding
(3) copies of not more than five representative publications
(4) Summary of research (A4, 2 pages)
(5) Research plan including organic synthesis-oriented artificial photosynthesis and pedagogic interest (A4, 2 pages)
(6) Two contact references (name, affiliation, and e-mail address)
Professor Shigehiro Yamaguchi
Director of Research Center for Materials Science (RCMS), Nagoya University
- Contact: Professor Susumu Saito
PI of the Noyori Laboratory
Research Center for Materials Science, Nagoya University
- The applicant should pay his/her own travelling expenses for the interview.Online interview may be held in cases.
- Application documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- The applicant's personal information will only be used in the selection processes.
- Nagoya University commits to gender equality: